An electronic journal is a periodical publication which is published in electronic format, usually on the Internet. Electronic journals have several advantages over traditional printed journals:
- You can search the contents pages and/or the full text of journals to find articles on a certain subject.
- You can read journal articles on your desktop, you don't have to be in the Library.
- You can e-mail articles to yourself or download them for printing.
- The article that you want to read will always be available, even when the Library is closed.
- Hypertext links allow you to move to different sections within individual journals or articles and can link you to related resources on the Internet.
- Journals can include more images and audio-visual material.
- Journals can be interactive - you can e-mail the author or editor with your comments.